|Important Information||Grandparents’ Day||Events/Reminders|
|6th Grade Trip||8th Grade Trip||Spirit Wear|
I hope you enjoy family and fun this Labor Day weekend. Thank you for attending Parents’ Night. It is always wonderful to see you all and have the opportunity to share our passion for teaching and the love of your children. Special thanks to the faculty and staff for all your hard work to make the evening a success.
Grade 8 Yearbook Dedication Page Information
The cost for a full dedication page is $225 and $125 for a half-page. If you pay by Monday, September 16, you will get $25 off of your cost. Please contact me with any questions email@example.com.
Grandparents’ Day for the Middle Division will be held on Thursday, September 26, from 2:20 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the gym. Students and grandparents will enjoy dessert, play bingo, and have the opportunity to have a picture taken. Please make sure to RSVP on the form below if your child will have a grandparent attend. We want to make sure we have enough seating. Thanks for your help with this! Grandparents’ Day RSVP
- Girls’ with Leadership will be offering a class on Wednesdays after school.
- Please view the flyer here.
- Art Club will begin on Wednesday, September 4th from 3:30 p.m. to 4:14 p.m.
- Please email Mrs. Anna Murray to sign up (firstname.lastname@example.org). There is no charge, but a parent must email Mrs. Murray to attend. Space is limited. Students pick up will be in the dismissal line. Students not picked by 4:20 p.m. will be sent to ASP. The Drop-in fee applies.
- High School Application Process Meeting
- Grade 8 parents are encouraged to attend the High Application Process meeting on Thursday, September 5, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. in the Price Chapel.
- Middle Division Movie Night
- Students in Grades 5-8 are invited to attend Movie Night on Friday, September 6, 2019, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.in the gym. The cost of admission is $5.00 and includes pizza and water. Extra snacks will be available for purchase. Drop-off and pick-up will be in the gym parking lot. Tickets may be purchased at the door. The movie is Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (PG).
- 7th/8th Grade Holiday Dance Date Change! Important!
- The Holiday Dance will be held on Friday, December 13 instead of December 7. The Jesuit entrance exam is on December 8, so it required us to change the date. Keep in mind, there are many dates for the SSAT. It is not a good idea to schedule your child to take the SSAT on December 14th.
Dear 6th Grade Parents,
Grade 6 is scheduled for their very first overnight trip to St. Augustine on Thursday, October 24, and Friday, October 25. Use the link below to view the exciting trip details and register your child. Trip payment can be completed in full or in two separate payments by September 7, and September 28.
After using the link to access the registration portal, click on the green “select” button to register. Register for the trip here.
The cost of the trip includes:
Round trip transportation via deluxe motorcoach (air-conditioned & restroom equipped); group accidental injury insurance; lodging; nighttime security provided by an off-duty St. John’s County deputy; all meals are included; all tours & admissions, taxes, & driver gratuities; background information package for sponsoring teacher; student study guide, student spending cash; and a tour escort to handle all trip details.
If you have any questions about the trip or registration, please email me or call the school (813-849-4200).
Dear 8th Grade Parents:
The final payment for the Washington D.C. trip is due on September 30, 2019. Please use the link below you to access your account and view trip details: 8th Grade Washington, D.C. Trip
Dress Code and packing directions for the trip:
Students should never be “dressed down” for our trip (sweatpants, t-shirts, yoga pants, etc.), even for our flight up on Tuesday to D.C. When we arrive in D.C., we’ll begin our adventure and students will not have the opportunity to change until we arrive at our hotel late at night after dinner. On the first day, we’ll have our group picture at Grand Memorial, and tour the Capitol. We always want to look sharp (smart casual) and dress-up for Arlington and Georgetown University. Please use the dress-code below as a guide.
Girls are permitted to wear:
- appropriate length skirts and/or dresses, dress pants, blue jeans or color jeans (NO holes)
- tops: blouses, button-down shirts, cardigan sweaters,
- dress shoes/flats, walking shoes, tennis shoes (comfy walking shoes are a must! NO heels)
- lounging clothes for the hotel
- sweatshirt or jacket.
- NO frayed or torn jeans, tank tops or midriffs
*Girls will need to carry a bag with athletic gear: shorts or knee/ankle length yoga/leggings, t-shirt & closed-toe tennis shoes. This bag will be kept on the bus before & after a special activity.
Boys are permitted to wear:
- dress slacks, khakis, blue jeans, colored jeans
- collared shirts (polo or oxford style) and button-down shirts
- walking shoes, tennis shoes, topsiders
- lounging wear for the hotel
- sweatshirt or jacket.
*Boys will need to carry a bag with athletic gear: shorts, t-shirt & closed-toe tennis shoes. This bag will be kept on the bus before & after a special activity.
Every Friday is SJE Spirit Day! Students may wear any SJE t-shirt with their uniform bottoms. Uniform shoes and socks, please! For any questions, please email Lisa Strauch (email@example.com).
If your child needs Spirit Day attire, please contact Karyn Bersch (firstname.lastname@example.org).