Parent/Teacher Conference Day will be held on Friday, September 27, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. All Middle Division conferences will be held in the gym. You may park in the parking lot behind the gym or in the Crosstown parking lot. We are so glad to have the opportunity to meet with and discuss your child’s progress.
Sixth Grade St. Augustine Trip
Dear Grade Six Parents,
Sixth Grade is scheduled for their very first overnight trip to St. Augustine on Thursday, October 24, and Friday, October 25. Use the link below to view the exciting trip details and register your child.
- Trip payment can be completed in full or in two separate payments by September 7th, and September 28th.
- Register for the trip here – Click on the green “select” button to register.
The cost of the trip includes:
- Round trip transportation via deluxe motorcoach (air-conditioned & restroom equipped)
- group accidental injury insurance
- lodging; nighttime security provided by an off-duty St. John’s County deputy
- all meals are included
- all tours & admissions, taxes, & driver gratuities
- background information package for sponsoring teacher
- student study guide, student spending cash
- tour escort to handle all trip details
If you have any questions about the trip or registration, please email me or call the school (813.849.4200).
8th Grade Washington D.C. Trip
Dear 8th Grade Parents:
The final payment for the Washington D.C. trip is due on September 30, 2019.
Dress Code and packing directions for the trip:
- Students should never be “dressed down” for our trip (sweatpants, t-shirts, yoga pants, etc.), even for our flight up on Tuesday to D.C.
- When we arrive in D.C., we’ll begin our adventure and students will not have the opportunity to change until we arrive at our hotel late at night after dinner.
- On the first day, we’ll have our group picture at Grand Memorial, and tour the Capitol. We always want to look sharp (smart casual) and dress-up for Arlington and Georgetown University. Please use the dress-code below as a guide.
Girls are permitted to wear:
- appropriate length skirts and/or dresses, dress pants, blue jeans or color jeans (NO holes)
- tops: blouses, button-down shirts, cardigan sweaters,
- dress shoes/flats, walking shoes, tennis shoes (comfy walking shoes are a must! NO heels)
- lounging clothes for the hotel
- sweatshirt or jacket.
- NO frayed or torn jeans, tank tops or midriffs
*Girls will need to carry a bag with athletic gear: shorts or knee/ankle length yoga/leggings, t-shirt & closed-toe tennis shoes. This bag will be kept on the bus before & after a special activity.
Boys are permitted to wear:
- dress slacks, khakis, blue jeans, colored jeans
- collared shirts (polo or oxford style) and button-down shirts
- walking shoes, tennis shoes, topsiders
- lounging wear for the hotel
- sweatshirt or jacket.
*Boys will need to carry a bag with athletic gear: shorts, t-shirt & closed-toe tennis shoes. This bag will be kept on the bus before & after a special activity.
7th/8th Grade Holiday Dance Date Change – IMPORTANT!
7th/8th Grade Holiday Dance Date Change! Important!
- The Holiday Dance will be held on Friday, December 13 instead of December 7.
- The Jesuit entrance exam is on December 8, so it required us to change the date. Keep in mind, there are many dates for the SSAT.
- It is not a good idea to schedule your child to take the SSAT on December 14th.
Grandparents’ Day for the Middle Division will be held on Thursday, September 26, from 2:20 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the gym. Students and grandparents will enjoy dessert, play bingo, and have the opportunity to have a picture taken. Please make sure to RSVP on the form below if your child will have a grandparent attend. We want to make sure we have enough seating. Thanks for your help with this! Grandparents’ Day RSVP
10 Days Left to Purchase Spirit Wear!
The official St. John’s Spirit Wear Store offers a nice selection of Nike-branded athletic-apparel as well as other St. John’s branded clothing.
The online store closes at 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 15.
Grade 8 Yearbook Dedication Page Information
The yearbook is already in full swing. It is time to reserve your dedication page for the yearbook.
Girls’ with Leadership will be offering a class on Wednesdays after school.
Please view the flyer here.