Thank you so much for your continued support of the Metropolitan Ministries Food Drive! Our cart is overflowing, and we hope to continue to fill it one more time! We look forward to seeing you tomorrow (Friday, November 15) at Parent Chapel, coffee and pastries to be served immediately following the chapel service. We are not going to have parent chapel on Friday, November 22, due to the K(5) Thanksgiving play that morning and Lower Division has joint Eucharist (Grades 1-8 attend chapel together). Parents are welcome to attend joint Eucharist. Thanks to Julie Harrington for hosting our coffee! And, we look forward to all the fun activities at the Barnes and Noble Book Fair this week! We hope you can bring your child and your family to help support SJE! Have a wonderful and beautiful weekend!
The Dads’ Club Metropolitan Ministries food drive, in partnership with St. John’s Church, began Monday, 11/4, and ends Friday, 11/15. Please help feed families in need this holiday season! Bins are placed in front of the Primary Division for easy drop-off.
Jaina Thatch (current SJE parent and children’s book author) will be reading her book to the K(4) through 1st grade students at the Lower Division at 9:00 a.m. in the Parish Hall on Friday, November 15th and doing an activity. Parents are welcome to attend! She will be selling her book at the SJE Barnes and Noble Book Fair!
- K(5) PARENTS! Mark your calendars! The Kindergarten Celebration of Thanks Performance is Friday, November 22nd at 11 a.m. at the church on Orleans. PARENTS, FAMILY, SIBLINGS, and FRIENDS are all welcome to attend. If you would like your Primary, Lower or Middle Division sibling to attend the play, please contact your child’s teacher and you must transport them to the show (Primary and Middle).
- No school, Thanksgiving Holiday, Monday, November 25-Friday, November 29. Classes resume, Monday, December 2nd.
- Kindergarten is going to Old McMicky’s Farm in Odessa on Wednesday, December 4th. The students will spend the day on the farm and eat lunch there too. Parents are invited to attend, a sign-up genius was sent out last week.
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS! Friday, December 20th, K(4) and K(5) Christmas Parties. The K(4) Christmas Party will be from 11:15 a.m.- noon and the K(5) Christmas Party will be from 10:15 a.m.- 11:15 a.m. Students may wear Christmas attire/Christmas colors for the Christmas parties. If you would like to help with the parties, please contact Julie Harrington the Primary Division Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org). PARENTS ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND! No siblings, please. LUNCH WILL NOT BE SERVED AT THE PARTIES. This day is a half day of school, noon dismissal for all students. NO ASP AVAILABLE.
- K(4) Christmas Party Permission Form
- K(5) Christmas Party Permission Form
2019-2020 K(4) and K(5) Party Schedule
Halloween Party (Friday, October 25)
K(4): 12:00-12:45 p.m. – Lunch at 11:30 a.m.
K(5): 1:00-1:45 p.m. – Lunch at 11:30 a.m.
Kindergarten Celebration of Thanks Performance
Friday, November 22)
11:00 a.m. at the Church
Christmas Party (Friday, December 20)
Noon dismissal-no ASP
K(4): 11:15 a.m.-noon
K(5): 10:15-11 a.m.
Valentine’s Day Luncheon (Thursday, February 13)
11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. at Primary Division in each classroom
Kindergarten Spring Fling (Friday, May 8)
11:00 a.m. at the Church
Circus Day (Wednesday, May 20)
11:15 a.m. Dismissal