POSITION TITLE: Director of Enrollment Management
St. John’s Episcopal Parish Day School, an outstanding co-educational school celebrating 68 years in Tampa, Florida, is seeking an inspirational and experienced leader to serve as the Director of Enrollment Management. St. John’s is distinguished as a successful and challenging PK – 8 School that prepares children for lives of learning and service. The School’s Core Values and Episcopal identity focus on inclusivity, support, respect, and the shared values reflected in the School’s mission statement. Our students are empowered to lead and inspired to serve. A feeling of positive energy, inclusiveness, optimism, respect and kindness permeates our campuses. St. John’s graduates are sought by and thrive in Tampa’s premier public and private schools. Hard work, honesty, faith, and a commitment to excellence allow them to thrive in high school, college, and beyond.
This full-time, year-round position has a start date of July 1, 2020. The Director of Enrollment Management will develop a strategic vision that meets school-wide admission and enrollment growth. The successful candidate will reflect the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of five years of admission and financial aid experience in an independent school or college, including significant leadership responsibilities
- Proven track record with data collection and analysis, and its utility in influencing policy and enrollment management strategy
- Proven track record of successful leadership, collaboration, and innovation
- Possesses a growth mindset and uses feedback to improve themselves and the admission team
- Understands the educational landscape in the Tampa area and can speak compellingly to the value of independent school education
- Aligned philosophically with St. John’s mission and commitments to students, families, and the community
- Demonstrate cultural competence and a commitment to ongoing diversity and inclusion efforts
- Strong understanding of Google Docs, Senior Systems data management systems and basic computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and social media; willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed
- Strong commitment to PK-8 independent school education
- Superior communication and public relation skills, both written and spoken
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and managerial skills
- High energy, flexibility, warmth, and sense of humor
The Director of Enrollment Management reports directly to the Head of School and serves on the Leadership Team. The Director also supervises the admissions assistant. Selected specific responsibilities include the following:
- Provides leadership in enrollment management, which includes short- and long-term strategic approaches to admission, marketing, tuition assistance, and recruitment, directing the process of attracting, enrolling and retaining mission appropriate students
- Experience developing and implementing effective processes and systems to ensure goals are met
- Sets annual admission goals in accordance with the school’s mission to promote diversity, while also
supporting key academic, co-curricular, and strategic goals
- Generates and maintains sophisticated data models and statistical information regarding the School’s enrollment trends and utilizes them in decision-making about enrollment strategy, resource use, and planning efforts
- Assists the Board of Trustees as needed, including preparing reports and analysis related to budgets and enrollment expectations for the subsequent school year, as well as by attending and presenting at periodic board meetings
- Provides clear vision, supervisory leadership and vision, and strategic mission in supervising the admissions team, driven by shared school goals created in conjunction with the Head of School
- Manages the admissions process and performs typical admissions tasks, including but not limited to interviewing and assessing applicants and their families, facilitating open houses and revisit days, and serving as an ambassador for the school to external constituencies
- Works with the Head of School, Rector, and Director of Finance to organize and administer St. John’s tuition assistance program
- Engages the school community in support of the admission and enrollment process
- Collaborates with the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Director of Advancement to ensure consistent, relevant, and current, yet targeted messaging of St. John’s across constituencies and in service of its strategic enrollment goals using print, digital, social media, and web-based materials and strategies
- Manages new student enrollment and assists with the reenrollment of current students in close connection with Division Directors, the Business Office, and Head of School
- Understands and informs the Head of School, Leadership Team, and community regarding research, demographics, and admission and enrollment trends, ensuring that changes and challenges are anticipated, understood, and addressed
- Ensures the continued professional development of all members of the Admission Office
- Collaborates with Division Directors, athletics department, advancement office, and Head of School regarding visits and admissions events to ensure the best possible connection of prospective students and parents with these constituencies as appropriate
- Serves an integral leader for the St. John’s community and participates fully in the daily life of the school, extending beyond the responsibilities of a job description – and leads others to do so
The Director must be a self-starter who takes the initiative and who is able to work independently. He or She must be able to work collaboratively with the Leadership Team and faculty and staff, internally, and parents, Board members, and vendors externally.
St. John’s Episcopal School assures equal employment opportunity in all of its employment policies and practices.
Interested candidates should submit a current C.V. (including the names and contact details for no fewer than three professional references with at least one being a supervisor) and cover letter expressing why they would be an excellent addition to the St. John’s community. Candidates of color are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications should be sent to Diane Scott, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at email@example.com.
POSITION TITLE: Teacher of Grade 1
St. John’s Episcopal Parish Day School is distinguished by 70 years of demonstrated success in preparing children for lives of learning and service in our ever-changing society. Renowned for its Episcopal identity, a core belief in the potential of our children and the sanctity of childhood, the school delivers an unparalleled, values-driven preparatory education. Hard work, faith, honesty, and a commitment to excellence allow our graduates to thrive in high school, college, and beyond.
Located in the heart of Tampa, St. John’s provides an exceptional education for over 500 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. The School’s Core Values and Episcopal identity focus on inclusivity, support, respect, and the shared values reflected in the School’s mission statement. Our students are Empowered to Lead, Inspired to Serve. A feeling of positive energy, inclusiveness, optimism, respect and kindness permeates our campuses.
St. John’s seeks an energetic and dynamic individual with demonstrated professional excellence to join our outstanding Lower Division team as Teacher of Grade 1. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position with an August 2020 start date. The successful candidate will be expected to successfully meet the following responsibilities:
- Model on a daily basis the conduct we expect of our students, and consistently exhibit the highest standards of professionalism;
- Work individually and collaboratively with colleagues to create, plan and prepare thoughtful lesson plans as partof an instructional program that is age-appropriate and addresses individual student needs;
- Implement the Language Arts, Reading, Math, and Social Studies curricula via daily instruction that is differentiated, and which incorporates traditional and innovative teaching pedagogies;
- Serve as Homeroom teacher, most notably as the principal adult presence, advisor and caregiver for each child in the class throughout the school day;
- Attend all professional gatherings and in-service meetings;
- Be available to consult with students, parents and colleagues as part of parent conferences and as needed basis;
- Attend institutional gatherings and events as necessary or re9uested by the Head of School in support of the School’s mission;
- Devote time and effort to ongoing professional growth;
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, openness to others’ ideas, eagerness to extend themselves for others.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume, cover letter and list of not fewer than three references to: Diane Scott, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. St. John’s Episcopal Parish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply.