Long-Term Substitute Teacher of Math for Grades 5 and 6.
St. John’s Episcopal Parish Day School (www.stjohnseagles.org), an outstanding independent, coeducational day school in the heart of Tampa Bay, provides an exceptional, values-driven education for over 500 students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8.
St. John’s Core Values and Episcopal identity focus on inclusivity, support, respect, and the shared values reflected in the School’s mission. A feeling of positive energy, inclusiveness, optimism, respect, and kindness permeates our campus. Our graduates thrive in Tampa’s premier public and private high schools, and they are prepared for lives of learning and service.
St. John’s seeks an energetic, proactive, and dynamic individual with great initiative to serve as a Long-Term Substitute Teacher of Math for Grades 5 and 6. This is a full-time position with an immediate start date. In addition to possessing at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics and being proficient in the teaching discipline, the ideal candidate has excellent professional and personal skills, is passionate about working with middle school students in support of their personal, social, and intellectual growth, and has experience integrating iPad technology.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Diane Scott, Executive Assistant to the Head of School (firstname.lastname@example.org), as soon as possible. The position will remain open until filled. St. John’s Episcopal Parish Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION TITLE: Teacher of Grade 4 (click to download PDF)
St. John’s Episcopal Parish Day School, an outstanding independent co-educational day school in the heart of Tampa, provides value-driven education for over 500 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. St. John’s Core Values and Episcopal identity focus on inclusivity, support, respect, and the shared values reflected in the School’s mission statement.
Our students are Empowered to Lead, Inspired to Serve. A feeling of positive energy, inclusiveness, optimism, respect and kindness permeates our campuses. Our graduates are sought by and thrive in Tampa’s premier public and private schools, and they are prepared for lives of learning and service.
St. John’s seeks an energetic and dynamic individual with demonstrated professional excellence to join our outstanding Lower Division team as Teacher of Grade 4. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position with an August 2020 start date. The successful candidate will be expected to successfully meet the following responsibilities:
- Model on a daily basis the conduct we expect of our students, and consistently exhibit the highest standards of professionalism;
- Work individually and collaboratively with colleagues to create, plan and prepare thoughtful lesson plans as part of an instructional program that is age-appropriate and addresses individual student needs;
- Implement the Language Arts, Reading, Math, Social Studies, and Science curricula via daily instruction that is differentiated, and which incorporates traditional and innovative teaching pedagogies;
- Serve as Homeroom teacher, most notably as the principal adult presence, advisor and caregiverfor each child in the class throughout the school day;
- Attend all professional gatherings and in-service meetings;
- Be available to consult with students, parents and colleagues as part of parent conferences and as needed basis;
- Attend institutional gatherings and events as necessary or requested by the Head of School in support of the School’s mission;
- Be available to assist with coverage (before and after school programs, recess, performance rehearsals, lunch, and event duties) as needed, or teach a class in the after school program;
- Partner with the Head of the Lower Division and the Chief Financial Officer / Chief Operations Officer to develop and oversee the Grade 4 instructional budget;
- Devote time and effort to ongoing professional growth;
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, openness to others’ ideas, eagerness to extend themselves for others.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume, cover letter and list of not fewer than three references to: Diane Scott, Executive Assistant to the Head of School, at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. St. John’s Episcopal Parish Day School is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION TITLE: Advancement Coordinator (click to download PDF)
St. John’s Episcopal Parish Day School, an outstanding independent co-educational day school in the heart of Tampa, provides value-driven education for over 500 students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
St. John’s Core Values and Episcopal identity focus on inclusivity, support, respect, and the shared values reflected in the School’s mission statement. A feeling of positive energy, inclusiveness, optimism, respect and kindness permeates our campuses. Our graduates are sought by and thrive in Tampa’s premier public and private schools, and they are prepared for lives of learning and service.
St. John’s seeks an energetic, proactive and dynamic individual with great initiative to serve as the Advancement and Marketing Coordinator. This is a full-time position with an immediate start date.
The Advancement Coordinator reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement and provides the detailed and strategic support that enhances all aspects of fundraising and marketing at St. John’s.
The Advancement Coordinator provides technical and strategic leadership in the following areas: department fundraising systems (Senior Systems), gift and biographical data entry, reporting, data analysis, and database management. This position is a key player in Advancement’s use of analytics to drive strategy. As the primary owner of the Senior Systems software tools, the Advancement Coordinator will explore, recommend and carry out queries, data modeling, contact list segmentation and reporting that will underpin development outreach efforts, donor
solicitation plans and analysis of outcomes.
The Advancement Coordinator will also work with the Director of Marketing to aid the strategyfor all School communications, website, social media, special events communications, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate St. John’s vision and mission. The Coordinator will collaborate with key staff to achieve increased brand consistency and recognition, coordination of messages, and external communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with volunteers and donors.
- Must have excellent attention to detail with efficiency at completing tasks and the willingness to follow through.
- Ability to multitask at a high level of competency, maintain a positive attitude, and utilize problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and in database management.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign and Photoshop), a plus.
- Provide administrative support for the Advancement and Marketing teams including tracking revenue and expenses, scheduling meetings, coordinating calendars, drafting letters, organizing spreadsheets, and internally coordinating mailings.
- Assist the Advancement team in reaching annual fundraising goals.Manages the Advancement Department’s expenses and recordings against the annual
- Manages Senior Systems Alumni database, which supports all gift data for all
constituencies of the School (current parents, grandparents, friends, alumni, alumni parents, companies, trusts and foundations).
- Receives and accounts for all cash gifts, gifts-in-kind, and gifts of stock and pledges in Senior Systems. Deposits gifts into proper accounts.
- Records and tracks all pledges. Sends quarterly pledge statements or when needed.
- Inputs and records all employee gifts through payroll deduction.
- Prepares and mails gift acknowledgment letters for Head of School.
- Works closely with Accounting Department on deposits, reports, and projects.
- Ensures all new students and families are in Senior Systems.
- Records student withdrawals in Senior Systems.Generates financial reports, PowerPoints, and charts/graphs for the Head of School and
Director of Institutional Advancement.
- Regularly runs queries and reports to provide data and/or lists for meetings,
correspondence, and other needs.
- Works respectfully, effectively, and efficiently with departmental colleagues and cross-departmental staff and management.
- Delivers extraordinary customer service to all St. John’s constituencies.
Additional Responsibilities as needed:
- Assists with set-up and execution of events (New Parent Party, Eagles Fund Party,mGrandparents’Day, Celebratio, VIE Party)
- Attends training necessary for job.
- Provides counsel in efficient methods of data management as needed
- May need to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- May need to work in a sitting position for long periods of time.
- May need to walk to other locations on campus; may need to climb steps.Must be able to work 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or longer daily, except when absence is
allowed by school calendar or through Employee Benefits.
- Will need to work occasional evening or weekend hours for special functions or to complete responsibilities.
- May need to travel on behalf of St. John’s.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced training and experience in word processing and various computer software, including: Microsoft Office Suite and Senior Systems, or comparable databases.Knowledge of development operations and best practices and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of business English, punctuation, grammar, spelling, arithmetic, standard office practices and procedures.
- Ability to research and analyze data with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion.
- Ability to work well with others and assist visitors enthusiastically and courteously.
The Advancement Coordinator will often be in the proximity of children therefore, final candidates for the position will be extensively background checked and fingerprinted.